- Record the make, model, and serial number of your bicycle and store this information in a safe place.
- Save all receipts involving the purchase of your bicycle and equipment.
- ALWAYS LOCK YOUR BICYCLE.
- Lock your bicycle in a bicycle rack that is in a well lit area. Do not lock your bicycle to trees, fences, sign posts, etc.
- Lock your bicycle using a "U" style lock. Cables and padlocks are easily defeated with bolt cutters.
- Report any suspicious persons around bicycle racks immediately to the EKU Police Department at (859) 622-1111.
- If your bicycle gets stolen, report it immediately.