- Always stand near the control panel.
- If you suspect trouble or are attacked, push the alarm button and as many floor buttons as possible so that the elevator will halt quickly, probably at the next floor.
- Do not get on an elevator with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable.
- If other passengers get off the elevator, leaving you with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable, get off with the other passengers. Wait for another elevator or take the stairs.
- Allow other passengers to push the buttons for their floors first.